PURPOSE OF JOB
The Telecommunications System Administrator will manage Cisco VoIP hardware, operating
systems, and services of enterprise systems supporting Affordable Care corporate offices and
affiliated dental practices. This person will also be responsible for maximizing service &
network availability, hardware and operating system configuration, performance reporting and
tuning, capacity management, problem resolution, and testing. A small amount of travel (up to
10%) and availability for off-hours support is required.
REPORTS TO : Director, IT Infrastructure Services
THE MAIN DUTIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE
• Phone System Administration – The ideal candidate will have experience in migrating
from a legacy TDM phone system to VoIP, especially Cisco. This role will be primarily
responsible for voice and related telecommunication services ongoing.
• Call Center Platform Support – Support of 100+ agents on New Voice Media, a call
center platform based on Salesforce. The qualified candidate will have experience
supporting telephony in a call center environment with detailed knowledge of queue
configuration, IVR, and ACD. Prior experience implementing a call center platform,
such as New Voice Media, I3/Genesys, or Avaya, is preferred.
• Infrastructure Management – Oversee the operational performance, stability, and
scalability of the telecommunications infrastructure.
• Hardware Asset/Lifecycle/Standards Management – Proactively manage the
necessary inventory, technology lifecycle, software licensing, and hardware standards
related to a nationwide footprint of phone system equipment and company owned
• Customer Focus – Interface with dental practice owners and staff, as well as
Affordable Care corporate employees to provide timely solutions. Provide excellent
customer service to call center agents and corporate users.
• Projects – Support infrastructure and cross-functional projects as needed. Be available as a technical mentor/sounding board for other technical staff members.
Ideal candidates for this position will possess the following skills:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or relevant field of study.
5+ years of hands-on experience supporting most, if not all, of the following technologies
operating in an enterprise, high availability environment: Avaya TDM PBX (or similar),
Cisco VoIP, SFDC, contact center platforms and technology, Office 365, VMWare, Active
Directory, Exchange, and related systems.
• Prior experience with developing/implementing disaster recovery plans and ongoing
standard operating procedures.
• Being a rapid learner and enthusiastic about working in a dynamic continuous
• Prior experience working in a regulated environment that requires SOX, PCI, or HIPAA
related documentation and controls.
• The ideal candidate is an experienced IT generalist with demonstrated success
deploying and administering an enterprise Windows network environment and strong IT
• Candidates will be assessed for technical knowledge and depth of experience.