Affordable Care is a fast-growing company with competitive salaries, good work life balance and flexible work schedules and is in need of amazing database engineers. This is an excellent fit for talented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. New hires will help build out an Enterprise Data Warehouse and upgrade application landscape. The person taking this position will be responsible for working collaboratively with the analytics team to build and support scalable and innovative data management and reporting solutions. Ideal candidate will also be able to support portfolio of applications including but not limited to routine maintenance, operational support and wide variety of ad-hoc root cause analysis.
Development and maintenance of database stored procedures, views and ETL to support the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Implementation of data dashboards to display data in differing formats in SSRS.
Automating tasks via scripts for optimum efficiency.
Perform troubleshooting and correction of data discrepancies between various systems to ensure high data quality and integrity.
Manage recurring data transfers between clinical and financial systems.
Perform ad hoc application and system troubleshooting activities as needed.
Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements.
Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
Our offices in RTP. will be the primary location for your daily responsibilities.
The Database Engineer reports to the Data Services Manager.
This position does not have people management responsibilities.
Ideal candidates for this position will possess the following skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field of study.
• 3-5 years of prior experience working with Microsoft based technology including, but not limited to: SQL Server 2015 +, MDS, SSDT, SSIS, SSRS.
• Experience with DAX, MDX and Azure a plus.
• Expertise in Stored Procedure, SQL Query, DDL, ETL, Tabular Model and Reports.
• 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Data Services(MDS).
• Strong familiarity with database, data warehouse and data modeling concepts.
• Expertise in design, development and performance tuning of relational databases.
• Familiarity with Sharepoint desired.
• Powershell Scripting a plus, but not required.
• A rapid learner and enthusiastic about working in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial minded environment.
• Welcomes change and complexity.
• Ideal candidate is always thinking "what’s the most optimum way to build this?" when building things.