Reporting directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Manager, Employee Relations and HRBP position is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing HR activities and programs in accordance with the policies and practices of the organization; providing advice, coaching, counsel and problem-solving to managers and employees; driving employee engagement; facilitating positive employee relations; and ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal laws. Additionally, this position will assist in positioning the company as an Employer of Choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the dental industry.
HUMAN CAPITAL NEEDS MANAGED:
- Implementing HR programs in the field
- Supporting GM / regional teams with sound counsel and responsive service orientation
- Providing support of workforce planning and organizational design
- Managing employee relations function
- Supporting performance management processes around merit and bonus planning, managing to metrics
- Serves as a consultant and advisor to managers and employees on HR-related issues/opportunities, company culture, and organizational effectiveness
- Develops partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects business objectives
- Provides employee relations guidance and support including managing performance, conducting investigations and resolving complaints and grievances; ensures legal compliance to all internal and external reporting entities; analyzes employee relations data for themes, trends, and root causes
- Evaluates and provides advice on the impact of new programs as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization
- Develops programs to allow the company to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees
- Develops and analyzes human resource models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps; areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization with management and the employees to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues
- Recommends changes to policies and procedures and establishes appropriate programs for effective management of the people resources of the corporation in accordance with established policies and procedures; included in this area but not limited only to the following would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development
- Provides guidance to subordinates and manages the work of HR business partner and employee relations staff including administering schedules and performance requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required with 3 to 5 years of human resources experience in a Business Partner role with an emphasis on employee relations management
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of employment and HR related laws, regulations, principles, concepts and practices, Federal and State Wage & Hour regulations
- Experience working with multiple business units in a distributed geographical model
- Ability to tactfully handle employee relations issues
- Ability to be flexible in accordance with business needs
- Business acumen
- Work style: has a high bias for action, is highly organized, and able to focus on results even within a fluid working environment. Has a capacity for initiative with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- People skills: Human Resources capacity - Ability to manage a diverse team with varying skill levels. Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently. Ability to convey sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
- Communication skills: Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external parties as a representative of Affordable Care. Effective facilitation/presentation skills.
- Integrity: Personal effectiveness/credibility. Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Affordable Care’s core values and principles. Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Resilience/adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under stressful circumstances. Works with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity in supporting a diverse environment. Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessments.