Learning Specialist Job Description
The Learning Specialist assists in designing, developing, facilitating and evaluating training programs designed for practice staff across Affordable Dentures and Implants. This position partners with Practice Owners Operations, Marketing, Human Resources and other departments to identify individual and organizational development needs and to partner with internal Affordable Care instructional designers to successfully fulfill these training requirements. Reporting into Head of Learning and Development. The Learning Specialist is a critical role in the development of FDAs, DAs, treatment coordinators, office managers and others.
- Uses training methods including classroom instruction, role-playing, audio/visual aids to deliver company training programs.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the training programs to ensure that the desired results are being achieved through the use of online surveys and internal benchmarks
- Assists in development of new training programs and updates/revisions.
- Develops learning and job aids to support practices and others.
- Suggests new topics, investigates and provides all required research, data, and materials for the purpose of training program development. Pilots new programs
- Maintains ongoing communication with team members and organizational leaders concerning ideas and issues affecting training and practice/functional/clinical performance.
- Travels to practices to and other locations to deliver training to FDAs, DAs, Lab professionals and others
- Participates in regular forms of communication including meetings (off-site/on-site) and conference calls to ensure clear effective communication among client groups.
- Responsible for delivering seminars targeting FDA, DA and others
- Facilitates Catalyst training classes and facilitates and/or participates in LEAD Program.
- Supports CASS and other pro bono training programs though ongoing delivery of relevant training modules.
- Supports the Dentrix Support Team by answering and resolving calls. Supports answering evening calls as required.
- Creates and facilitates case acceptance training and other training modules to practices as needed.
- Acts as a positive and effective liaison between the practices and the Learning and Development team, championing corporate initiatives.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience required; BS/BA degree preferred.
- 4+ years dental experience, preferably as a dental assistant
- Training experience highly preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, and Advanced PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization, planning, judgment, and time management skills.
- Can effectively work as part of a team and work with others across the organization to achieve a common goal.
- Capacity handle complex projects thru completion.
- Up to 50% travel.