Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirect Spend
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Supply Chain, the Strategic Sourcing Manager position is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing strategic sourcing activities associated with indirect materials and services. The ideal candidate shall have previously demonstrated best industry practices with regard to sourcing strategy development and execution. Included in these functions will be a full range of duties, including but not limited to the following:
- Lead the planning, sourcing, negotiating and procurement of indirect materials and services using a strategic sourcing model to ensure buys are optimized, competitive and price advantageous.
- Drive and work collaboratively on cross-functional strategic initiatives (including Supply Chain, Field Operations, New Center Openings and Affiliations, Finance, Marketing and IT).
- Develop strategic sourcing initiatives and best procurement practices aimed at developing lowest total delivered costs while maintaining high quality standards.
- Own all activities related to the RFP process including supplier research, RFP creation, submissions, timelines, total cost of ownership analysis, contract and term negotiation with final recommendation and next steps
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers and international suppliers, to include facilitating Business Review meetings.
- Initiate key performance indicators, reporting on KPI’s monthly
- Organize, prepare and package strategic and analytical insights in to clear, concise and executive ready presentations
- Communicate findings to senior management and the broader organization, influencing upwards and laterally to drive strategic sourcing and cost saving initiatives
- Seek opportunities for cross-functional business improvement and efficiencies
- Assist and provide comprehensive back-up and support on other procurement and supply chain related functions as needed or requested
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field / or related work experience
· MBA Supply Chain or related desirable
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 3 to 5 years of procurement and strategic sourcing experience
- Prior experience working within healthcare supply chain or a Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) highly desirable
- Strong analytical skills, negotiation skills, problem solving, and organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of supply markets and forecasting demand including familiarity with procurement, logistics, and inventory management
- Business acumen
- Analytical Thinking: Uses information from a qualitative and quantitative analyses to solve problems and make decisions. Able to see interconnections between organizational systems that others miss.
- Building Common Purpose: Works with colleagues and suppliers to achieve common goals by involving stakeholders to define problems or opportunities, identifying common issues and opportunities and creating win/win relationships. Makes sure the team or group goals align with those of the organization.
- Leading Change: Acting in a leadership position to envision the future of the organization and work towards achieving the desired future by setting goals, taking action, and effectively communicating with stakeholders. Holding self and others accountable for achieving the envisioned results despite challenge and adversity.
- Strategic Thinking: Understand what the organization’s preferred future will be and put strategies into place to realize the organization’s vision. Look at issues and opportunities from a broad organizational perspective
- Work style: has a high bias for action, is highly organized, and able to focus on results even within a fluid working environment. Has a capacity for initiative with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communication skills: Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external parties as a representative of Affordable Care. Effective facilitation/presentation skills.
- Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Affordable Care’s core values and principles. Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Resilience/adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under stressful circumstances. Works with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.