Supply Chain Data Analyst
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Supply Chain, the Supply Chain Data Analyst position is responsible for supporting the strategic sourcing efforts of the Supply Chain Division of Affordable Care LLC. The Supply Chain Data Analyst will work closely with Strategic Sourcing Managers to develop a comprehensive portfolio of agreements that span both clinical products, indirect spend, and services consumed within the dental industry. The ideal candidate for this new position can complete life cycle data generation as well as establish repositories for the various data sources and outputs that will be created and maintained for the Supply Chain organization. Included in these functions will be a full range of duties, including but not limited to the following:
- Assemble data from internal procurement resources, vendor platforms, and distributors to establish current state spend volume for product and services categories that are included in the current sourcing strategy established by the Supply Chain team.
- Work collaboratively with the Strategic Sourcing Managers to develop meaningful data sets that can be included in Sourcing events.
- Build models designed to measure the financial impact of vendor responses originating from Requests for Proposals (RFP) and/or live bidding sourcing events.
- As appropriate, develop financial models that takes Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) in to account.
- Assist in identifying and initiation of key performance indicators, reporting on KPI’s quarterly.
- Organize, prepare and package analytical insights in to clear, concise, executive ready presentations.
- Participate as a member of the Implementation team, providing user-friendly price lists, web page content and collateral materials in support of completed sourcing events.
- Post sourcing event, initiate data extracts and develop reporting that compare realized vs. projected savings.
- Prepare impact analysis for prospective members, using prospect provided data and current contract pricing at various tier levels.
- Leading department SOP and Work Instructions development intended to remove variability and waste and improve the quality and look of the finished product/reports.
· Bachelor’s degree in Informatics, Mathematics or related field
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Two to four years of data mining and/or data analyst role
- Microsoft Excel, expert level
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a proven track record of high attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team.
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma (LSS) concepts and practices
- Prior experience working within the healthcare and/or dental industry is highly desirable
- Prior experience working within a Group Purchasing Organization is desirable.
- Business acumen
- Analytical Thinking: Uses information from a qualitative and quantitative analyses to solve problems and make decisions. Able to see interconnections between organizational systems that others miss.
- Work style: has a high bias for action, is highly organized, and able to focus on results even within a fluid working environment.
- Communication skills: Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Affordable Care’s core values and principles. Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Resilience/adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under stressful circumstances or tight timelines. Works with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.