Affordable Care, Inc. (“ACI”) was founded in 1975 and today is America’s largest dental support organization focused on tooth replacement services, with over 320 affiliated practices in 40 states. Headquartered in Morrisville, North Carolina and doing business under the retail names Affordable Dentures and Affordable Dentures & Implants, the company’s affiliated practices offer a range of tooth replacement services including dentures, dental implants and tooth extractions. The company’s unique, highly-focused business model enables dentists to provide high-quality, low-price dental prostheses to over 450,000 patients annually.
Each practice is individually owned and operated by a licensed dentist to provide dentures and dental implants delivered with the highest levels of professionalism and care. Affordable Care is differentiated in the marketplace by offering same-day service for dentures and tooth replacement. Every practice has its own on-site dental lab, which adds convenience and value for patients. More than six million patients have received services from an Affordable Care-affiliated practice.
Affordable Care was acquired by Berkshire Partners (“Berkshire”) in October 2015
Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Affordable Care is seeking an Analyst of Financial, Planning and Analysis (FP&A) reporting to the Director of FP&A. The role analyses data to provide financial insights and recommendations to business issues. The candidate must:
- Have strong progressive functional capabilities in financial planning, forecasting and analysis.
- Have experience using and a propensity to quickly learn how to navigate various financial systems. Must be a very efficient Microsoft user.
- Possesses an understanding of profitability drivers necessary to achieve financial objectives and be able to translate complex issues into simple-to-understand concepts.
- Use outstanding inter-personal skills to influence through relationship building, business insights and critical thinking
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, high sense of urgency, ability to roll-up their sleeves and the passionate desire to drive results.
- Uses strong financial system knowledge and finance skill set to design, develop and automate business reports and analysis.
- Prepares timely and accurate business analysis providing KPIs, identifying performance trends and related opportunities.
- Partners closely with Accounting and Business Leaders on the monthly close providing key insights and financial reporting to Organization.
- Improves financial / business acumen of Organization. Has a desire to help others develop into business leaders.
- Participates in or leads strategic / tactical business projects (beyond finance) that provide broad-based value.
- Capital control – Works with project owners to develop business cases as well as the annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Is confident, transparent, nimble, and succinct. Provides accurate and timely reporting and analytics to key stakeholders. Ensures there is integrity in projections and that they are grounded in reasonable, logical assumptions. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills both internally and externally.
Candidate Profile & Preferred Experience
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related fields. A master's degree, especially an MBA, is a plus.
- Proven leader with 3 – 5 years of experience of financial planning and analysis within a complex, multi-location, dynamic organization
- Experience working in a fast-growth company, particularly one where new location roll-outs (i.e. new retail stores or branches) have occurred. Experience developing a performance management environment where KPIs/dashboards are developed and leveraged to help track and drive results.
- Experience in a retail, healthcare-focused retail, or franchise model organization and private equity environment.